- 2 tbsp unsalted butter
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 8 Responsible Choice sea scallops, small side muscle removed, patted dry
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 4 ears sweet corn, slightly charred on grill, cooled
- 1 1/2 cups halved cherry tomatoes
- 1 avocado, peeled, pitted and small diced
- 2 tbsp thinly sliced red onion
- 1 1/2 tsp fresh thyme leaves
- 1 tbsp garlic-flavored olive oil
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 2 tbsp balsamic glaze
- 2 cups baby arugula
All you do:
- To make the scallops, heat butter and oil in a 12- to 14-inch sauté pan over high heat. Season scallops with salt and pepper.
- Once the fat begins to smoke, gently add the Responsible Choice sea scallops to the pan, making sure they are not touching each other. Sear the scallops for 1 minute on each side. The scallops should have a 1/4-inch golden crust on each side while still being translucent in the center.
- To make the corn tomato salad, cut corn off the cob and place in a bowl.
- Add cherry tomatoes, avocado, red onion, thyme, olive oil and lemon. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- To plate, drizzle balsamic glaze on a serving platter and top with baby arugula, corn salad and finish with the seared scallops.