- 2 tsp unsalted butter
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 8 Responsible Choice sea scallops, small side muscle removed, patted dry
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup lightly packed chopped Italian parsley
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ tsp chile pepper flakes
- 2 tbsp fresh oregano leaves
- 1 tbsp fresh thyme leaves
- 2 tbsp minced shallot
- 3 tbsp sherry wine vinegar or red wine vinegar
- 3 tbsp lemon juice
- ¾ cup olive oil
- Salt and cracked black pepper, to taste
- 4 slices grilled pineapple
All you do:
- Heat the butter and oil in a 12- to 14-inch sauté pan over high heat. Season scallops with salt and pepper.
- Once the fat begins to smoke, gently add the scallops, making sure they are not touching each other. Sear scallops for 1 minute on each side. The scallops should have a 1/4-inch golden crust on each side while still being translucent in the center.
- Place parsley, garlic, chile flakes, oregano, thyme, shallot, vinegar and lemon juice in a blender or food processor and pulse until well chopped. Slowly pour in olive oil and season to taste with salt and pepper. Chimichurri should be roughly chopped. Set aside.
- To serve, lay 4 slices of grilled pineapple on large plate, top with seared scallops and drizzle with chimichurri sauce. Serve immediately.