All you need:
- ½ pound salted butter
- 1 loaf sliced white bread
- 1 bunch green onions
- 1 can water chestnuts
- 1 pound Responsible Choice cooked shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 tbsp creole seasoning
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp rice wine vinegar
- 1 to 1½ cups sesame oil, divided
- Toasted sesame seeds, for garnish
All you do:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Melt butter and brush butter both sides of each slice of bread. Place on a baking sheet. Toast until golden brown; cool.
- Coarsely chop green onions. Drain and rinse water chestnuts. Pulse onions and water chestnuts in a food processor until chopped very fine.
- Place shrimp in food processor, and puree, scraping the sides of the bowl 2 or 3 times. Transfer to a bowl.
- Stir in creole seasoning, soy sauce, rice vinegar and 2 tablespoons sesame oil.
- Divide shrimp mixture evenly among the slices of toast and spread evenly on top.
- Heat sesame oil in a nonstick skillet over medium heat. Place the toast, shrimp side down, and cook until golden brown. If desired, slice into pieces and garnish with toasted sesame seeds.