- 1/2 cup thinly sliced green onions, white part only, reserve tops for garnish
- 6 tbsp Hy-Vee unsalted butter, divided
- 3 cups fresh or frozen corn
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 3/4 cup diced roasted red peppers, divided
- 1 tbsp Hy-Vee extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tsp Old Bay seasoning
- 16 Responsible Choice sea scallops
All you do:
- In a skillet, sauté green onions in 2 tablespoons butter until softened but not browned, about 2 minutes.
- Add corn to the skillet and sauté for about 3 minutes or until hot. Season with salt and black pepper.
- Transfer to a food processor and process with heavy cream and 3 tablespoons butter. Add 1/2 cup roasted red peppers and process until smooth. Season with salt and black pepper. Pour into a saucepan and heat through.
- In the same skillet, melt the remaining tablespoon butter with olive oil.
- Pat the scallops dry with a paper towel and season both sides with Old Bay seasoning.
- Over medium-high heat, sear the scallops for about 2 minutes per side. Ladle chowder into 4 shallow bowls and arrange 4 scallops on top of each bowl. Garnish with reserved green onion tops and remaining 1/4 cup roasted red peppers.