This light recipe features Responsible Choice Mt. Cook salmon, while offering Italian flavors through the use of tomatoes and artichokes. Enjoy this dish for a quick and easy weeknight dinner.
Seared Responsible Choice Mt. Cook salmon with Tomato & Artichoke Broth
All you need:
- 4 tbsp olive oil, divided
- 2 shallots, sliced into thin rounds
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 (14 oz) can artichoke hearts, drained
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1 – 1 1/2 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 (14.5 oz) can Italian diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 4 (6 oz each) Responsible Choice Mt. Cook salmon fillets, skin removed
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
All you do:
- In a medium-sized pot, heat 3 tablespoons of olive oil over medium-high heat.
- Add the shallots and cook for 1 minute; then add the garlic and artichokes and cook until browned, about 5 minutes.
- Add the white wine and reduce 1 minute. Add 1 cup chicken broth, tomatoes and juice, Italian seasoning and red pepper flakes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Let sauce simmer for 10 to 12 minutes to let flavors combine. You may add more broth if desired.
- Season the salmon fillets with salt and pepper. Heat a sauté pan over medium-high heat and add 1 tablespoon olive oil. Cook the fish 4 to 5 minutes per side, or until just cooked through.
- Serve the salmon fillets with the tomato-artichoke broth on top. Equally distribute Parmesan cheese on top of salmon before serving.