New recipes are exciting to try, especially with the change of seasons. This spring, try one of my favorite healthier options that is sure to grab your guests’ and family’s attention.
Sourced from farms off the coast of Chile, Verlasso® Atlantic farmed salmon is packed with omega-3s to protect heart health, reduce risk of heart disease and stroke, as well as improve blood vessel function and symptoms of immune and inflammatory disorders. A natural choice for anyone looking for health-conscious meals, farmed salmon is also high in protein, essential amino acids and vitamins.
Verlasso® Atlantic Salmon is rated as a Yellow “Good Alternative” by Monterey Bay Aquarium’s Seafood Watch program due to the lower amount of fishmeal and fish oil in the feed compared to typical salmon farms.
Give your taste buds and your diet a fun, healthy kick with this recipe.
Responsible Choice Blackened Verlasso® Atlantic Salmon with Mango Salsa
- 1 ripe mango, pitted, peeled and diced
- 1/4 cup diced red onion
- 1/4 cup diced red pepper
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and minced
- 2 tbsp minced fresh cilantro
- 1 tbsp fresh lime juice
- 1 tbsp agave nectar
- Kosher salt and pepper, to taste
- 4 (5 oz) Responsible Choice Verlasso® Atlantic Salmon fillets
- 1 tsp blackening spice
- Fresh salad or grilled asparagus, for serving
All you do:
- Combine mango, red onion, red pepper, jalapeno, cilantro, lime juice and agave nectar in a medium bowl. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour to bring out the flavors.
- Season salmon with blackening spice.
- Cook salmon in a medium skillet over medium-high heat with skin side up for 3 minutes. Flip and cook for 3 to 4 minutes until opaque and flaky. Set aside to rest.
- Top each fillet with a generous portion of mango salsa.
- Serve with a side of fresh salad or grilled asparagus for a complete meal.