Responsible Choice Spicy Quinoa Crab Cakes
All you need:
- ½ tsp black pepper
- ½ tsp paprika
- ½ tsp kosher salt
- ¼ tsp cayenne pepper
- ¼ tsp sugar
- 2 cups water
- ¼ cup uncooked quinoa
- ¼ cup Greek yogurt
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp Egg Beaters egg substitute
- 8 oz Responsible Choice fresh crab meat
- ½ cup whole-wheat breadcrumbs
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- ¼ cup finely diced red bell pepper
- ¼ cup finely diced celery
- ¼ cup diced green onions
- Chipotle mayonnaise or sriracha mayonnaise, for serving.
All you do:
- Line a sheet pan with aluminum foil and spray with canola oil; set aside.
- To make seasoning, combine black pepper, paprika, salt, cayenne pepper and sugar; set aside.
- Combine water, and quinoa in a saucepan; bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer about 20 minutes. Drain. Cool.
- Combine yogurt, mayonnaise, mustard and egg substitute. Stir in 1½ teaspoons of seasoning mixture.
- Combine crab, quinoa, breadcrumbs, garlic, red bell pepper, celery and green onion in bowl. Fold in yogurt mixture.
- Form into 2- to 3-ounce patties. Place on prepared pan. Refrigerate for 10 minutes.
- Preheat broiler to high. Sprinkle remaining ½ teaspoon seasoning on top of crab cakes. Spray top of crab cake with canola oil spray and bake for 3 to 5 minutes or until brown. Flip crab cakes over and cook another 3 to 5 minutes until browned and internal temperature reaches 165 degrees.
- Serve with chipotle mayo or sriracha mayo, if desired.