Enjoy this fun appetizer at a Halloween party this week!
Responsible Choice Shrimp and Avocado Pico de Gallo
All you need:
- 5 tomatoes, diced
- ½ small red onion, diced
- 1 green pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp cilantro
- 1 avocado, peeled, pitted and diced
- juice of 2 limes
- 1½ cups diced cooked peeled and deveined Responsible Choice shrimp
- Salt and pepper, to taste
All you do:
- Combine tomatoes, red onion, green pepper, jalapeno pepper, garlic and cilantro in a bowl. Combine avocado and lime juice in an another bowl and stir into the tomato mixture. Fold in the shrimp. Season with salt and pepper.
Variations: For spicier pico de gallo, leave the seeds in the jalapeno pepper or add another jalapeno. Also, substitute parsley for the cilantro, if desired.