The cold weather came a bit early, but we’re offering a way to kick up the heat while enjoying Responsible Choice Belize shrimp. This shrimp pasta dish has just the perfect amount of spice to offer comfort for the season.
Responsible Choice Cajun Belize Shrimp Pasta Toss
Serves 4 to 6
All you need:
- 1 pound penne pasta
- 1 1/2 pounds peeled and deveined Responsible Choice Belize shrimp, thawed
- 6 tbsp creole seasoning, divided
- 2 tbsp garlic flavored olive oil, divided
- 12 oz package chicken Andouille sausage, sliced
- 1/2 onion, minced
- 1/2 cup small-dice roasted red pepper
- 1/2 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 2 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, sliced
- 1 1/2 cups grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- Squeeze of fresh lemon
- 2 medium sized tomatoes, diced
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley, for garnish
- 1 loaf crusty baguette bread, sliced
All you do:
- In a large pot, cook the pasta in boiling salted water according to package instructions; set aside.
- Place the shrimp and 3 tablespoons creole seasoning in a large re-sealable plastic bag and shake. Place the bag in the refrigerator while you prepare the sauce.
- Heat a deep skillet over medium-high heat. Add 1 tablespoon garlic olive oil and the chicken Andouille sausage. Sauté sausage for 2 minutes, stirring often.
- Add onions and sauté for 2 minutes. Add roasted red pepper, crushed red pepper flakes and garlic and cook 1 minute. Add Worcestershire sauce.
- Add cream, stock and remaining 3 tablespoons creole seasoning. Add butter and stir until melted. Stir in cheese until melted. Lower heat to a simmer.
- Heat the remaining olive oil in another large skillet over high heat and add the shrimp. Sauté shrimp for 1 to 2 minutes per side or until they just start to turn pink; add squeeze of fresh lemon. Add the shrimp, diced tomatoes, and cooked, drained pasta to the first skillet. Stir to combine and blend flavors, about 1 minute.
- Serve in a large pasta bowl, garnished with fresh parsley and sliced baguette bread.