This recipe produces delicious comfort food without producing a tinge of guilt. Fresh, nutritious vegetables and beautiful, bright red shrimp allow you to enjoy colorful food in the winter. Best of all, this recipe only takes about 20 minutes to prepare, giving you another option for a tasty home-cooked meal. This is also a very versatile dish– serve it cold or even as a side dish.
Responsible Choice Belize Shrimp Pesto Pasta
All you need:
- 8 oz rotini
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 pound Responsible Choice raw Belize shrimp
- 1/4 cup pesto
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced roasted red peppers
- 2 cups baby spinach
All you do:
- Cook pasta according to package instructions. Drain.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet over medium-high heat, add the olive oil and shrimp. Cook for about 3 minutes. Add the pesto, red peppers and baby spinach. Cook 1 to 2 minutes until spinach has wilted and shrimp is cooked thoroughly.
- Toss with prepared pasta and serve.
This dish can be served warm or cold.