This recipe features the favorite flavor combination of lemon and basil, with Responsible Choice barramundi as the headliner. It’s simple, refreshing and filling.
Responsible Choice Barramundi with Lemon-Basil Sauce
All you need:
- 4 Responsible Choice barramundi fillets, skin on
- 1 tsp lemon pepper
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 cup salted butter
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 tbsp white flour
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 2 to 3 tbsp thinly sliced fresh basil leaves
- Kosher salt and pepper, to taste
All you do:
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Season fish with lemon pepper. In a large skillet over medium-high heat, cook fillets for 3 to 4 minutes with skin side up in olive oil. Flip over and cook for 2 to 3 minutes, depending on thickness, until flaky and opaque. Transfer the fish to each of 4 plates and keep warm. Return pan back to the stove.
- Place the butter and garlic in the pan and cook over medium heat for 1 to 2 minutes, until garlic is fragrant. Add flour; mix until all incorporated. Add lemon juice, white wine and basil and cook until slightly thickened. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Spoon lemon-basil sauce over fish before serving.