When celebrating winter holidays like Christmas and New Year’s Eve, Responsible Choice Alaska crab legs are the perfect addition to your parties. Enjoy this delicious recipe with family or friends and they’ll be sure to thank the chef. Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays!
Responsible Choice Alaska Crab Provencal
All you need:
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 4 cloves garlic, slivered
- 1 tbsp minced shallot
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh thyme
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh marjoram
- 1 tbsp chopped additional herbs such as lemon thyme, parsley, rosemary or lavender
- 1 (750ml) bottle Brut champagne
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 3 to 4 pounds Responsible Choice Alaska crab legs, thawed or frozen
- 1 small loaf warmed crusty French bread, sliced
All you do:
- Melt butter in small saucepan over medium-low heat. Stir in garlic and shallot; cook 3 to 4 minutes, until garlic is soft. Stir in thyme, marjoram and additional herbs; cook 2 minutes. Open champagne; pour 1/2 cup champagne into butter; stopper champagne. Bring sauce mixture to simmer; cook an additional 3 to 5 minutes, until sauce is reduced slightly. Add 1/4 teaspoon sea salt, or to taste. Keep sauce warm.
- If frozen, rinse Alaska crab legs under cold running water to remove any ice glaze; pat dry with paper towels. Discard towels. Steam or boil crab in large pot, 8 to 10 minutes for frozen crab or 3 to 4 minutes for fresh/thawed crab, until heated through.
- Serve crab with dipping sauce, warm bread and chilled champagne.