Enjoy this delicious grilled salmon recipe all summer long. For more seafood grilling tips, check out our previous post.
Plank Potlatch Responsible Choice Mt. Cook Salmon
All you need:
- 1 cedar plank
- 4 tsp kosher salt
- 3 tsp chili powder
- 2 tsp cracked black pepper
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp dry mustard
- 1 tsp brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 tsp dried leaf oregano
- 1/4 cup olive oil, divided
- 1 (3 pound) skin-on Responsible Choice Mt. Cook salmon fillet
- Fresh lemon wedges, optional
All you do:
- Soak a cedar plank at least one hour or overnight. Preheat grill to high heat.
- In a small bowl, mix together salt, chili powder, black pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, mustard, brown sugar, red pepper flakes and oregano. Set aside.
- Place cedar plank on hot grill, smooth-side-down, for 10 minutes, being careful not to burn the plank.
- Carefully flip plank over and brush smooth side of the plank with olive oil. Brush salmon with remaining olive oil. Season top of salmon liberally with desired amount of seasoning mixture. Place salmon, skin side down, on smooth side of the cedar plank.
- Grill, covered, for 25 to 30 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork.
- Serve with fresh lemon wedges if desired.