Bairdi Crab Gnocchi
All you need:
- 2 (16 oz each) pkg gnocchi
- 1 pound fresh bairdi crab meat, picked
- 4 tbsp butter, divided
- 2 tbsp flour
- 1 tbsp lemon zest
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 cups whole milk
- 4 oz Gruyere cheese, shredded
- 4 oz Havarti cheese, shredded
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley, divided
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1 1/2 cups panko breadcrumbs
All you do:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Bring a large pot of water to boil over medium-high heat. Cook gnocchi according to package instructions. Drain and place in a sprayed 9-by-13-inch baking pan.
- Stir the crab meat into the gnocchi.
- In a large saucepan, melt 2 tablespoons butter over medium-high heat, and whisk in flour. Whisk in lemon zest, garlic and milk until smooth and warmed through.
- Stirring constantly, stir in the Gruyere cheese, Havarti Cheese, 1/4 cup parsley, nutmeg, salt and pepper until smooth. Pour over the gnocchi and crab; mix until well incorporated.
- Melt remaining 2 tablespoons butter and toss with the breadcrumbs. Sprinkle over gnocchi.
- Bake for 20 to 30 minutes or until edges are bubbly. Garnish with remaining parsley before serving.