All you need:
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 large leeks, white and light green parts only, small dice
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp ground cinnamon
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 2 tsp ground coriander
- 1 ½ tsp ground turmeric
- ¼ tsp ground cayenne pepper
- ½ tsp brown sugar
- 2 (14.5 oz.) cans fire roasted diced tomatoes
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 1 ¼ pounds wild Alaska sustainable cod filet, cubed
- 1 (14.5 oz.) can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 2 cups rough chopped kale greens
- Sea salt and black pepper, to taste
- ½ cup sliced almonds, toasted
All you do:
- Heat the olive oil in a large soup pot over medium heat. Add the leeks and cook until softened.
- Add garlic, cinnamon, cumin, coriander, turmeric and cayenne pepper; sauté for 1 minute.
- Add brown sugar and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Add tomatoes and vegetable broth and bring the soup to a simmer.
- Add cod pieces and chickpeas and simmer until all are tender, 4-5 minutes.
- Add the kale greens to the pot and cook for 1 minute or until just wilted.
- Season with salt and pepper and top with toasted almonds.
Nutrition per serving: 440 calories, 16g fat, 2g saturated fat, 65mg cholesterol, 1280mg sodium, 43g carbohydrate, 11g fiber, 11g sugar, 34g protein
Daily Values: 45% Vitamin A, 35% Vitamin C, 20% Calcium, 20% Iron