Sweet corn and summer are synonymous. It’s in such abundance this year that you’ve probably boiled it, microwaved it and grilled it.
If you and your family are looking for a way to enjoy the iconic taste of summer and Hy-Vee Responsible Choice seafood, this recipe gets you to your goal.
It is a simple and refreshing recipe that brings out the fresh taste of sweet corn, and some of summer’s other garden bounties. This would be a great recipe if you have any sweet corn left over from a grill-out the night before.
These tacos are not spicy, but the shrimp have some nice bold flavors to contrast with the simple fresh ingredients of the salsa.
Shrimp Tacos with Corn Salsa
All you need:
- 2 ears sweet corn
- 1/2 cup diced red pepper
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced green onion
- 1/2 avocado, peeled, pitted, diced
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 pound raw Hy-Vee Responsible Choice shrimp (16- to 20-count)
- 1 tbsp agave nectar
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp chili powder
- 1/4 tsp cumin
- 8 flour taco shells
All you do:
- To cook the corn, place in boiling water for 5 to 7 minutes. Cool; cut the kernels from the cob. To prepare the salsa, place the corn, red pepper, green onion, avocado, lime juice, salt, black pepper and cumin in a medium bowl and mix until all incorporated. Set aside in refrigerator.
- To prepare the shrimp, thaw, peel and devein shrimp. In a large skillet add the shrimp, agave nectar, paprika, salt, chili powder and cumin; stir to evenly distribute seasonings. Cook shrimp for about 1 to 3 minutes on each side, until shrimp is opaque. Remove from heat.
- To prepare the taco, place 3 to 4 shrimp on each taco shell. Add about 1/4 cup corn salsa on top.