Dish on Fish is an excellent seafood blog where you can explore new seafood recipes and learn relevant, relatable and easy-to-understand health and nutrition information about seafood. Hy-Vee is a partner of the National Fisheries Institute, which sponsors the blog and encourages Americans to eat seafood at least twice a week, as recommended by the US Dietary Guidelines for Americans.
Seafood is a vital part of a healthy diet. Hy-Vee strives to provide customers with high-quality, Responsible Choice seafood and our Seafoodies blog provides detailed information and tips. We want to share Dish on Fish with you so you can find more resources, tips and recipes to help you enjoy seafood and reap its benefits.
From Dish On Fish:
With their starry shape and scrumptious filling, these Crab Salad Stuffed Wonton Cups are an elegant addition to any holiday appetizer spread. They take just 10 minutes to prepare and you can whip up the filling in advance, if needed. We’ll call that a holiday entertaining WIN, for sure.
Crab is also a perfect option for this time of year. It’s low in calories but rich in flavor, making it a nice balance to the heavier, more-indulgent foods that we all love to serve around the holidays.
Crab Salad Stuffed Wonton Cups
Recipe created in partnership with The Wholesome Dish
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
- Cooking spray
- 24 wonton wrappers
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp lemon zest
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/4 tsp dried dill
- 8 ounces lump crab meat, picked through to remove any shells
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced green onion
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Coat a standard 12-cup muffin tin with cooking spray.
- Lay one wonton wrapper on a flat surface. Place a second wonton wrapper on top of it, staggering the corners of the two wrappers so the result looks like an 8-sided star. Push the combined wonton wrappers into a cup in the muffin tin. Repeat with the remaining wrappers. Spray the tops of the wonton wrappers with more cooking spray.
- Bake the unfilled wonton cups for 10 minutes. Cool completely. Store the unfilled cups in a sealed container at room temperature for up to one day, until ready to serve.
- To prepare the crab salad, mix together in a medium bowl the mayonnaise, lemon juice, lemon zest, salt, black pepper and dill. Whisk until well combined. Add the crab meat and green onion and stir gently. Store the crab salad in a sealed container in the refrigerator until ready to serve (store for up to one day maximum).
- To serve, fill the wonton cups with the crab salad.