Dish on Fish is an excellent seafood blog where you can explore new seafood recipes and learn relevant, relatable and easy-to-understand health and nutrition information about seafood. Hy-Vee is a partner of the National Fisheries Institute, which sponsors the blog and encourages Americans to eat seafood at least twice a week, as recommended by the US Dietary Guidelines for Americans.
Seafood is a vital part of a healthy diet. Hy-Vee strives to provide customers with high-quality, Responsible Choice seafood and our Seafoodies blog provides detailed information and tips. We want to share Dish on Fish with you so you can find more resources, tips and recipes to help you enjoy seafood and reap its benefits.
From Dish on Fish: Chimichurri Grilled Shrimp Skewers
Is it just us, or does food seem more fun when it’s served on a stick? Thanks to their grill-ability and Instagram-worthy looks, skewers and kebabs will be plentiful as summer gets closer. Knowing this, we set out to create the skewer recipe of your dreams (so keep scrolling!).
For cookouts and barbecues, we’ve built the best shrimp skewer dish on the planet. Not only is the shrimp in this recipe grilled to perfection and slightly smoky in flavor, it’s also an excellent source of protein. And, thanks to the kick from the chimichurri sauce, these skewers have us feeling HOT, HOT, HOT!
Requiring barely 20 minutes of prep time and just 10 minutes to cook, this recipe makes entertaining effortless. It will have your guests believing you’re the next master chef, while leaving you free to enjoy the company of your family and friends. Talk about a win-win!
Pro Tip: Take these skewers from appetizer to entrée by serving them over a grilled veggie salad, a cup of brown rice, or quinoa.
Chimichurri Grilled Shrimp Skewers
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
All you need:
- 1 pound shrimp
- 1 shallot, peeled
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled
- 1/2 jalapeño, seeds and stem removed (leave the seeds in if you like it spicy!)
- 1 packed cup fresh cilantro (about 1 small bunch)
- 1 packed cup fresh parsley (about 1 small bunch)
- 1/3 cup fresh lime juice (about 2 limes)
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- salt and pepper, to taste
All you do:
- Heat a grill to medium-high heat.
- To make chimichurri sauce, combine the shallot, garlic and jalapeño in a food processor and process until finely chopped; add the cilantro, parsley, lime juice, olive oil and a pinch of salt and pepper and finish processing until fairly smooth.
- Place the shrimp in a bowl and cover with 1/3 cup of the chimichurri sauce; toss to coat.
- Thread the shrimp onto skewers to make them easier to handle on the grill, or put foil on grill if using loose shrimp.
- Grill shrimp 2-3 minutes per side, until charred and pink throughout.
- Serve with the remaining chimichurri sauce.
- Option: Serve grilled shrimp over grilled veggies or brown rice or quinoa.