All you need:
- 1 small bag coleslaw blend
- 1 green onion, sliced on the bias
- ½ red pepper, julienned
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 ½ tbsp rice wine vinegar
- 2 ½ tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 ½ tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tbsp grated fresh ginger root
- 1½ tsp sesame seeds
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp peanut or almond butter, optional
- Butter or oil, as needed
- 4 Chef Kim-inspired classic salmon burgers, available in the Hy-Vee meat case
- 4 hamburger buns or ciabatta rolls
All you do:
- In bowl, combine coleslaw blend, green onion, red pepper and cilantro. In separate bowl, mix vinegar, vegetable oil, soy sauce, brown sugar, ginger root, sesame seeds, garlic and peanut butter. Do not combine until ready to serve. Refrigerate.
- Heat butter or oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until very hot. Cook patties 6 to 8 minutes, turning once. Alternately, grill patties for 6 to 8 minutes, carefully turning once.
- To serve, combine cabbage mixture and dressing. Place each salmon patty on a bun or ciabatta roll and top with Asian slaw.