The holidays are upon us and Seafood Nutrition Partnership (SNP) is here to remind and inspire you about the importance of eating #Seafood2xWk.
Seafood provides unique health benefits as a lean protein and is the best source for omega-3 fatty acids, which are healthy fats essential to human health and development. However, only 1 in 10 Americans follow the recommendation from the Dietary Guidelines to eat seafood at least twice a week.
The Christmastime tradition of Feast of the Seven Fishes is a delicious and nutritious way to celebrate the holiday season. Whether for Thanksgiving, Hanukkah, Christmas or Kwanzaa, try adding more seafood to your celebrations – not only will you enjoy a delicious meal, but you’ll also reel in the amazing benefits of seafood.
SNP has shared seven brand new recipes created by their team of chef ambassadors for you to try this year:
- Blackened Swordfish with Fresh Corn and Tomato Relish
- Potato Crusted Trout with Green Beans, Cherry Tomatoes and Garden Herbs
- Scallop Ceviche with Sweet & Spicy Peppers
- Sardines Simmered with Roma Tomatoes
- Loaded Baked Potatoes with Little Neck Clams
- Crab Cakes with Homemade Remoulade
- Cedar Plank Roasted Fish
Don’t forget to share your creations on social media with the hashtag #Seafood2xWk.