A fan favorite, Hy-Vee Responsible Choice Alaska Pacific Halibut steaks have a delicate, sweet flavor and firm texture that is perfect for the grill. In one of my favorite recipes, halibut steaks pair well with minimal ingredients, creating a simple meal for your family that doesn’t give up flavor or nutrition.
As an added bonus, halibut is rich in various nutrients, including selenium, magnesium, phosphorus potassium, vitamin B12, niacin, vitamin B6 and omega-3 essential fatty acids. It is an excellent source of high-quality protein and minerals, low in sodium, fat and calories and contains a minimum of bones.
Enjoy this spring-fresh recipe, 48 hours fresh from the Pacific – Hy-Vee’s Responsible Choice Alaska Halibut.
Grilled Responsible Choice Alaska Pacific Halibut with Roasted Red Pepper and Kalamata Olive Relish
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced roasted red peppers
- 1 tbsp thinly sliced shallot
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 cup halved pitted Kalamata olives
- 1/4 cup fresh basil leaves, chiffonade
- Juice of 1/2 a lemon
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 4 Responsible Choice Alaska Pacific Halibut steaks
- Olive oil for brushing, as needed
- All you do:
- Stir together the roasted red peppers, shallot, garlic, Kalamata olives, basil, lemon juice and 1 tablespoon olive oil. Season with salt and pepper to taste; set aside.
- Heat an outdoor gas grill or prepare coals for a charcoal grill for direct grilling over medium-high heat. Brush the cooking grates clean, and oil the grill rack.
- Brush Responsible Choice Alaska Pacific Halibut steaks with oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Grill steaks over direct heat for 10 minutes per side, or until opaque but still moist, in the center.
- Serve topped with red pepper relish.