It’s like fish and chips in a taco, only instead of chips, there’s an addictive hatch pepper crema sauce that will make you want to have seconds.
All you need:
1/2 cup cornmeal
1 1/2 tsp Hy-Vee ground cumin
1 1/2 tsp ground coriander
1 pound tilapia fillets, thawed if frozen
1 (5.3 oz) container Hy-Vee plain Greek yogurt
1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped, plus additional for garnish
2 cloves garlic
1 lime, zested
1/4 cup Culinary Tours hatch green chili street taco sauce
8 (6-inch) gluten-free yellow corn tortillas
1 cup Culinary Tours mild Texas corn salsa, drained
1 cup red cabbage, shredded
All you do:
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Spray a metal cooling rack with nonstick cooking spray and place over a large baking sheet. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk together cornmeal, cumin, and coriander; set aside.
- Season tilapia filets on both sides with kosher salt. Cut tilapia into large strips and spray with nonstick spray. Toss the tilapia with the cornmeal mixture, pressing so mixture sticks. Transfer fish onto prepared wire rack. Spray fish with nonstick spray. Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until fish is golden brown and reaches an internal temperature of 145 degrees.
- While fish is cooking, combine Greek yogurt, cilantro, garlic, lime zest, and street taco sauce in a blender. Blend until smooth. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Once fish has finished cooking, place 1 to 2 strips of tilapia on top of corn tortillas. Top with corn salsa, shredded cabbage, hatch pepper crema, and garnish with cilantro, if desired. Fold tortillas in half and serve immediately.