All you need:
- 2 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup quinoa, rinsed
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh Italian parsley
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh mint
- 1 cup halved cherry tomatoes
- 1 English cucumber, small diced
- 1/4 cup sliced kalamata olives
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1 tsp salt, or to taste
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper, or to taste
- 1 tbsp garlic olive oil
- 4 (4 to 5 oz) each Responsible Choice Mt. Cook Salmon portions
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 (5 oz) clamshell mixed spring greens
- 1 lemon, cut into wedges
All you do:
- For the quinoa salad, in a small saucepan, bring chicken broth to a boil. Add quinoa and cook over medium-high heat for 12 minutes or until all of the broth is absorbed. Remove from the heat, fluff and chill until cold.
- To the quinoa, add oil, lemon juice, onions, parsley, mint, tomatoes, cucumber, kalamata olives and feta; toss to combine. Season to taste with salt and black pepper. Cover, and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- For the salmon, prepare grill for medium-high heat. Rub garlic oil over salmon to coat and season with salt and pepper. Once grill is hot, brush grill rack with olive oil and immediately place salmon on grill.
- Cook for 4 minutes without lifting or turning salmon. This will help give salmon nice grill marks and make it easier to move. Turn it over and cook until salmon is just cooked through and all but the very center is opaque.
- To serve, divide spring mix among four plates. Place 1 cup of chilled quinoa salad on the greens and top with a piece of grilled salmon. Serve with lemon wedge.