This week’s Hy-Vee Responsible Choice seafood ad gives you the perfect opportunity to try this recipe. Our fresh, delicious Responsible Choice salmon can be prepared in a variety of ways. I suggest cooking a salmon filet in a pan with a little oil, three minutes a side, turning only once over medium to medium-high heat. Alternatively, bake the salmon in a 350-degree oven for about 15 to 20 minutes, checking for an internal temperature of 145 degrees.
When the salmon is done, spoon Chimichurri Sauce (recipe below) over the filet and enjoy. This sauce also makes a great topping for cooked tuna.
All you need:
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- ½ cup freshly chopped cilantro
- 4 cloves minced garlic
- 1 tbsp ground oregano
- 1/4 tsp ground red pepper
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup fresh chopped parsley
- Juice of 2 limes
All you do:
- Add the rough-chopped onion and oil into the blender and pulse until fine.
- Add vinegar, cilantro, garlic, seasonings and lime juice to the blender. Blend to the point where it is a thick green liquid.
- Let stand for 2 to 3 hours before serving. It will improve over time. Keep in refrigerator up to 3 days.