Serves 6 (2 oysters each).
All you need:
- Rock salt
- 12 fresh Responsible Choice oysters, on the half shell
- 2 tbsp Hy-Vee unsalted butter
- 2 tbsp Hy-Vee Select extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 cups chopped kale
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1 (4 oz) pkg Hy-Vee herbs & garlic goat cheese
- 2 tbsp Hy-Vee panko bread crumbs, divided
- Lemon wedges, for serving
- Tabasco sauce, optional
All you do:
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Spread enough rock salt in a baking pan to cover the bottom evenly. Arrange oysters in the salt to steady them; set aside.
- In a sauté pan, heat the butter and olive oil until shimmering. Sauté kale for 2 to 3 minutes. Add garlic and cook for another 30 seconds. Season with salt. Remove from heat and cool completely. Stir in goat cheese.
- Top each oyster with 1 teaspoon filling and sprinkle each oyster with 1/2 teaspoon panko bread crumbs.
- Bake 10 minutes.
- Serve with lemon wedges and Tabasco, if desired.