The inspiration for this Responsible Choice oyster dish is the wonderful, fun-filled holiday season. This recipe provides a twist on a classic, adding some health benefits with the addition of kale.
I enjoy serving appetizers with a sparkling wine. Enjoy these oysters with a glass of sparkling wine such as Gruet Brut from New Mexico. This wine offers a budget-friendly price and is great for any occasion. Cheers!
Oysters Rockefeller with Goat Cheese and Kale
All you need:
- Rock salt
- 12 fresh Responsible Choice Oysters, on the half shell
- 2 tbsp Hy-Vee unsalted butter
- 2 tbsp Hy-Vee extra virgin olive oil
- 4 cups chopped kale
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1 (4 oz) package Hy-Vee Herbs & Garlic goat cheese
- 2 tbsp Hy-Vee panko bread crumbs, divided
- Lemon wedges, for serving
- Tabasco sauce, optional
All you do:
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Sprinkle a baking pan with rock salt, enough to cover the bottom evenly.
- Arrange oysters in the salt to steady them; set aside.
- In a sauté pan, heat the butter and olive oil until shimmering.
- Add the kale and sauté for about 2 to 3 minutes. Add the garlic and cook for another 30 seconds. Season with salt. Remove from heat and cool.
- Once cooled, mix in the goat cheese.
- Top each oyster with 1 teaspoon filling, then sprinkle 1/2 teaspoon panko bread crumbs over kale mixture.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- Serve with lemon wedges and Tabasco, if desired.