This recipe features all the wonderful flavors of a gyro—but leaves out the bread. Feel free to serve pita bread on the side if you prefer. It’s simple, refreshing and filling.
Responsible Choice Copper River “Greek” Salmon
- 1 cup plain low-fat Greek yogurt
- 1 tbsp dill weed
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tsp celery salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 pound Responsible Choice Copper River salmon
- 1/2 cup pitted, halved Kalamata olives
- 1/2 cup halved grape tomatoes
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
All you do:
- Prepare the yogurt sauce by placing Greek yogurt, dill weed, garlic, celery salt and black pepper in a medium bowl; stir until all combined. Set aside.
- In a medium skillet over medium-high heat, add the olive oil and salmon, skin side up. Cook for about 4 minutes. Turn the fish over and cook another 3 to 5 minutes until the salmon is opaque and flaky. Transfer salmon to plate and top with yogurt sauce, olives, tomatoes and feta cheese.