Responsible Choice Baked Barramundi with Tomato-Olive Relish
All you need:
- 4 (6 oz each) barramundi filets
- 1 tsp kosher salt, divided
- 1/2 tsp cracked black pepper, divided
- 2 tbsp olive oil, divided
- 1 cup quartered cherry tomatoes
- 3/4 cup roughly chopped pitted Kalamata olives
- 1/4 cup finely diced shallots
- 1/4 cup finely diced Italian parsley
- 2 tbsp capers, drained
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
All you do:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- Season the barramundi filets with 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Drizzle with 1 tablespoon olive oil, reserving the rest for the relish.
- Bake the barramundi in the oven for 15 to 18 minutes or until opaque and flaky. A thermometer should register at 145 degrees when the fish is done.
- In a medium bowl combine the tomatoes, Kalamata olives, shallots, parsley, capers, oregano, basil, red wine vinegar and 1 tablespoon olive oil. Season with remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper, or to taste. Set aside.
- Garnish each barramundi filet with 1/2 cup of the tomato-olive relish.