Linguini with Responsible Choice Alaska Snow Crab in a Garlic White Wine Sauce
Serves 4 (1 cup each).
All you need:
- 1 pound box Hy-Vee linguini
- 1 tbsp Hy-Vee olive oil
- 4 oz Hy-Vee double smoked bacon, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp Hy-Vee unsalted butter
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 shallot, sliced
- 2 pounds shell on Responsible Choice Alaska Snow Crab Clusters, cut into 3-inch pieces
- ¾ cup dry white wine
- 3 tbsp finely chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tbsp finely chopped chives
- 1 cup halved cherry tomatoes
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- Squeeze of fresh lemon
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- ½ cup shredded Hy-Vee Parmesan cheese
All you do:
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add linguine and boil until al dente. Drain pasta, reserving 1/2 cup pasta water; set aside.
- In a large sauté pan, heat 1 tablespoon olive oil over medium heat; add bacon and cook until browned and crisp. Remove bacon from pan using a slotted spoon and allow to drain; set aside.
- Return sauté pan to medium heat and add butter, garlic and shallot and sauté for 2 minutes.
- Increase heat to high and add crab and wine and bring to a boil. Cook, stirring constantly, until crab is bright red and heated through and sauce is reduced by half, 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add pasta, reserved cooking liquid, reserved bacon, parsley, chives, cherry tomatoes, lemon zest and juice and toss to combine. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Transfer pasta to a serving dish and top with Parmesan cheese.