This crowd-pleasing recipe features Responsible Choice Alaska snow crab in the starring role. It’s a relatively easy-to-make pasta dish that utilizes crab in the shell to create a stunning presentation to wow your family or guests. You may even surprise yourself!
Linguini with Alaska Snow Crab in a Garlic White Wine Sauce
Serves 4 (1 cup each)
All you need:
- 1 (16 oz) box Hy-Vee linguine
- 1 tbsp Hy-Vee olive oil
- 4 oz finely chopped Hy-Vee double-smoked bacon
- 1 tbsp Hy-Vee unsalted butter
- 3 cloves minced garlic
- 1 shallot, sliced
- 2 pounds Responsible Choice shell-on Alaska snow crab clusters, cut into 3-inch pieces
- 3/4 cup dry white wine
- 3 tbsp finely chopped parsley
- 1 tbsp finely chopped chives
- 1 cup halved cherry tomatoes
- 1 tsp grated lemon zest
- Squeeze of fresh lemon
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/2 cup shredded Hy-Vee Parmesan cheese
All you do:
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add linguine and boil until al dente. Drain pasta, reserving 1/2 cup pasta water; set aside.
- In a large sauté pan, heat 1 tablespoon olive oil over medium heat; add bacon and cook until browned and crisp. Remove bacon from pan using a slotted spoon and allow to drain; set aside.
- Return sauté pan to medium heat and add butter, garlic and shallot; sauté for 2 minutes.
- Increase heat to high and add crab and wine; bring to a boil. Cook, stirring constantly, until crab is bright red and heated through and sauce is reduced to half, about 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add pasta, reserved cooking liquid, reserved bacon, parsley, chives, cherry tomatoes, lemon zest and juice and toss to combine. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Transfer pasta to a serving dish and top with Parmesan cheese.