Lemon Caper Responsible Choice Rainbow Trout with Sautéed Garlic Spinach
All you need:
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp fine sea salt
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
- 4 (4 to 6 oz each) Clear Springs Rainbow Trout fillets, head and tail removed
- 3 tbsp unsalted butter, divided
- 1/2 tbsp minced shallot
- 1/2 tsp grated lemon zest
- 2 tbsp capers
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 or 2 cloves fresh garlic, minced
- 4 cups fresh spinach
- 1/2 cup halved cherry tomatoes
- squeeze of fresh lemon
- salt and pepper, to taste
All you do:
- Combine flour, salt and pepper in a shallow bowl or baking dish. Pat fillets dry. Dredge fillets in flour and pat off excess.
- Heat 2 tablespoons butter in a large sauté pan over medium-high heat until melted. Add fillets to pan, skin side up, and cook about 3 minutes or until golden. Carefully turn fish and continue to cook on the other side 2 to 3 minutes longer or until fish is opaque throughout. Remove fish to a serving platter and keep warm. (This may have to be done two at a time, depending on the size of the sauté pan).
- Add remaining 1 tablespoon butter to skillet and melt. Add shallots, lemon zest and capers and sauté for 1 minute; add lemon juice and heat through.
- Heat a sauté pan over medium-high heat, add butter and garlic.
- Sauté until garlic is fragrant and then add spinach; sauté until slightly wilted. Aadd tomatoes, squeeze of lemon and season with salt and pepper.
- Serve fillets atop sautéed spinach and spoon over lemon-caper sauce.