A heart-healthy and tasty option this season, Hy-Vee’s Responsible Choice Mt. Cook farmed salmon is packed with omega-3 fatty acids; vitamins A, B, D and E; and plenty of protein power. Sourced from Mt. Cook Alpine salmon, the salmon is from farms rated as a Green “Best Choice” by the Monterey Bay Aquarium’s Seafood Watch program, which is the highest rating farmed salmon has ever received. The seafood is farmed in a freshwater lake in southern New Zealand, and the farm uses no antibiotics, growth hormones or chemicals to bring the fish to market.
Highly versatile, healthy and filling, this salmon stars in one of my favorite Responsible Choice Mt. Cook farmed salmon recipes. This is one your family will look forward to all week:
Responsible Choice Mt. Cook Farmed Salmon with Grilled Peach and Arugula Salad
- 1 tbsp rice vinegar
- 1 tsp grated fresh ginger
- 1 tsp fresh thyme leaves
- 3 tbsps olive oil, divided
- Sea salt and fresh cracked black pepper, to taste
- 2 medium red onions, sliced in 1/4-inch-thick rings
- 3 peaches, halved, pit removed
- 4 (4 to 5 oz each) Responsible Choice skin-on salmon portions
- Mrs. Dash garlic and herb seasoning, to taste
- 1 (5 oz) container clamshell baby arugula
- 1/2 cup diced roasted red pepper
All you do:
- Heat grill to medium-high heat. In a small bowl, combine the vinegar, ginger, thyme and 2 tablespoons olive oil; season with salt and black pepper. Set aside.
- Place red onion and peaches on a plate and drizzle remaining tablespoon olive oil over top; season with salt and black pepper.
- Place peaches and red onion on grill and cook until tender, 3 to 4 minutes per side; set aside.
- Season salmon with Mrs. Dash garlic and herb seasoning.
- Grill the salmon, skin side down, with the cover closed, until golden brown and a crust has formed, about 3 to 4 minutes. Turn the salmon over and continue grilling for 3 to 4 minutes for medium doneness;
- In a large bowl, lightly toss the baby arugula with grilled red onions, grilled peaches, roasted red peppers and enough vinaigrette to lightly coat.
- Divide salad evenly among 4 plates and top each with a piece of salmon; can drizzle extra vinaigrette over salmon if desired.