Spring is almost here, which means lighter, healthier meal choices for many. A great option this season is Hy-Vee’s Responsible Choice Mt. Cook farmed salmon.
Sourced from Mt. Cook Alpine salmon, Hy-Vee’s Mt. Cook farmed salmon is procured from farms rated as a Green “Best Choice” by the Monterey Bay Aquarium’s Seafood Watch program, which is the highest rating farmed salmon has ever received. As an added bonus, the farm-raised salmon is pack with omega-3s, vitamins and protein to sustain your appetite.
Consider one of my most popular Responsible Choice recipes this season.
Orange Hoisin-Glazed Responsible Choice Salmon
All you need:
- 2 (6 oz each) Responsible Choice salmon fillets, skin removed
- 1 culinary parchment cooking bag
- 2 tbsp hoisin sauce
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp frozen orange juice concentrate, thawed
- 1/2 tbsp grated fresh ginger
- 1 green onion, sliced
- 1/4 tsp sesame seeds
- 2 lemon wedges
All you do:
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Place salmon in an even layer in parchment bag on rimmed baking sheet.
- Combine hoisin and soy sauces, orange juice, ginger, green onion and sesame seeds; spoon evenly over salmon.
- Fold over open edge twice and crimp well.
- Bake 15 to 20 minutes.
- Open bag and let stand a few minutes.
- Serve with lemon wedges.