Summer is slipping away and soon the kids will be back in school or leaving to return to their college dorms.
If you want to close out the season with a luau or other end-of-summer party, this is a good and quick recipe featuring Hy-Vee’s Responsible Choice seafood.
It starts with Belize shrimp, but you can also switch out the shrimp and marinate fresh mahi mahi as well.
Coconut Lime Belize Shrimp Skewers
All you need:
- 1 tbsp minced fresh ginger
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 1 tbsp freshly grated lime zest
- 2 tbsp fresh lime juice
- 1 (14 oz) can coconut milk
- 2 pounds Responsible Choice Belize shrimp (31- to 40-ct), peeled and deveined
- 12 to 14 long wooden skewers
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- fresh lime wedges, for squeezing and garnish
- 1/2 cup toasted, sweetened shredded coconut
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro leaves
All you do:
- In a medium bowl, combine ginger, garlic, lime zest and juice, and coconut milk. Add shrimp, tossing to coat, and chill, covered, for 1 to 3 hours.
- Meanwhile, soak skewers in water. Prepare a grill for high heat (450 to 550 degrees; you can hold your hand 5 inches above cooking grate only 2 to 4 seconds). Push 5 shrimp onto each skewer; cook, turning once, until flesh has just turned pink and is slightly charred, about 3 minutes on each side.
- Arrange skewers on a serving platter and sprinkle evenly with salt, a squeeze of lime juice, coconut and cilantro leaves. Serve with extra lime wedges on the side.