We don’t typically think about seafood as a source of antioxidants, but shrimp features two unique antioxidants in its nutrient composition. The first, astaxanthin, is receiving attention in the latest health research for its anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties. The second is the mineral selenium, which is known to aid in minimizing risks associated with heart failure, forms of cardiovascular disease, type 2 diabetes and depression.
Packed with protein and low in calories, Hy-Vee’s Responsible Choice Belize shrimp is sourced from Royal Mayan Shrimp Farms and is certified by the Global Aquaculture Alliance’s Best Aquaculture Practices (BAP) standard to a 3 Star level, providing assurance that the shrimp was produced responsibly.
Check out my tangy twist on Responsible Choice Belize Shrimp, and add a healthy dish to your meal line-up this week.
Chipotle Lime Responsible Choice Shrimp
- 1 pound raw Responsible Choice shrimp, peeled, deveined
- 1/4 cup diced chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
- 2 tsp lime zest
- 2 tsp fresh lime juice
- 1/2 tbsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp minced fresh cilantro
- Hot cooked rice, for serving
All you do:
- In a medium bowl, combine the shrimp, chipotle pepper, lime zest, lime juice, cumin, salt and black pepper.
- Heat the olive oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Add the shrimp to the hot oil. Cook shrimp for 2 minutes; flip them over and cook for another 1 to 2 minutes until pink and opaque.
- Garnish with cilantro and serve over rice.