All you need:
- ¾ cup sliced almonds, toasted
- 3 tbsp chopped cilantro
- 3 tbsp chopped mint
- zest of half a lemon
- juice of a lemon
- ½ cup chopped dried dates
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 large leeks, white and light green parts only, small dice
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp fresh grated ginger
- 1 tbsp ground cinnamon
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 2 tsp ground coriander
- 1 ½ tsp ground turmeric
- ¼ tsp ground cayenne pepper
- ½ tbsp brown sugar
- 1 large sweet potato, peeled and chopped
- 1 (10 oz) bag frozen green and yellow whole beans and baby carrots (separate carrots from green beans)
- 2 (14.5 oz) cans fire roasted diced tomatoes
- 1 ½ quarts vegetable broth
- 1 ½ pounds cod, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 yellow pepper, chopped
- 1 (14.5 oz) can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- sea salt and black pepper, to taste
- 3 cups rough chopped fresh kale, tough ribs removed
All you do:
- Place gremolata ingredients, almonds, cilantro, mint, lemon zest and juice, dates and olive oil, in a bowl; lightly stir to combine and season with salt and pepper to taste; set aside.
- Heat the olive oil in a large soup pot over medium heat.
- Add the leeks and cook until softened.
- Add garlic, ginger, cinnamon, cumin, coriander, turmeric and cayenne pepper; sauté for 1 minute.
- Add brown sugar, sweet potatoes and carrots; season to taste with salt and pepper. Add tomatoes and vegetable broth and stir.
- Bring the soup to a simmer and cook until potatoes and carrots are tender, 10 to 12 minutes.
- Add cubed cod, yellow pepper, chickpeas and green and yellow beans and simmer until all are tender, 5 to 7 minutes.
- Add the kale to the pot, slowly stir to avoid breaking the cod and cook for 1 minute or until just wilted. Season with salt and pepper and serve topped with almond and date gremolata.