All you need:
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 cup sliced red bell peppers
- 1 cup sliced green bell peppers
- 1 cup sliced celery
- 1 cup sliced onion
- 2 tbsp Tony Chachere’s Creole Seasoning
- 2 tbsp minced garlic
- 2 28-oz cans Hy-Vee diced tomatoes
- 1 Tbsp. Crystal hot sauce
- 1 pound (41-50 count) Responsible Choice Gulf shrimp
- 1 tbsp Tony Chachere’s Creole Seasoning
- 2 tbsp canola oil
All you do:
- Heat olive oil in heavy bottom saucepot. Add red and green peppers, celery, onion and 2 tablespoons of Creole seasoning. Cook over medium high heat until onions are translucent.
- Add garlic. Cook for 5 more minutes.
- Add diced tomatoes and cook over medium heat for 25 to 30 minutes. Remove from heat and add hot sauce. Adjust seasoning as preferred. Set aside.
- Season shrimp with 1 tablespoon Creole seasoning.
- Heat canola oil over medium high heat in a large skillet. When a light haze forms above the oil, add the shrimp and cook for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add Creole sauce (prepared in steps 1-3) to shrimp and bring to a light simmer when shrimp are pink approximately 6-7 minutes. Serve with steamed white rice.