This is a 3-part recipe, and although it looks complex it is really easy to do. Use any fresh or thawed Responsible Choice white fish; I suggest tilapia, cod, mahi mahi or catfish.
All you need:
- 3 cups shredded cabbage or slaw mix
- Bolthouse Farms Mango Chipotle, Southwest Chipotle or Salsa Ranch
- ½ cup sour cream
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- ¼ cup lime juice
- 2 tsp chili powder
- ½ of a jalapeno pepper, chopped fine
- ½ cup fresh chopped cilantro
- 3 tbsp paprika
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp white pepper
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- ½ tsp cayenne pepper
- ½ tsp chili powder
- Responsible Choice white fish, such as tilapia, cod, mahi mahi or catfish
- Canola oil, as needed
- Corn or flour tortillas
All you do:
- To make the Cabbage Slaw, combine shredded cabbage or slaw mix with dressing in a large bowl. Cover and refrigerate until ready to use.
- To make Baja Sauce, combine sour cream, mayonnaise, lime juice, 2 teaspoons chili powder, jalapeno and cilantro in a small bowl. Cover and refrigerate until ready to use.
- To make Blackening Seasoning, whisk together paprika, garlic powder, white pepper, onion powder, cumin, oregano, salt, black pepper, cayenne pepper and 1/2 teaspoon chili powder in a large bowl.
- Rub the fish with the blackening seasoning.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook fish, in batches if necessary, about 3 minutes on each side or until it flakes easily with a fork. Flake fish into large chunks.
- Fill corn or flour tortillas about half full with fish, top each with about 1 teaspoon of Baja sauce and some Cabbage Slaw.